Personal identification information
We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our site, register on the site, register for a event, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site.
Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, mailing address, phone number. Users may, however, visit our Site anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us.
Users can always refuse to supply identifiable information, except for the purpose of mentorship registration or engagement in certain Site related activities.
Data use regarding Google
- Allowed Use: Developers are only allowed to use restricted scope data to provide or improve user-facing features that are prominent from the requesting app's user interface. This would be discussed in the next session under Google Calendar integration.
- Allowed Transfer: Developers are only allowed to transfer restricted scope data to others if that transfer is (a) necessary to provide or improve user-facing features that are prominent from the requesting app's user interface, (b) to comply with applicable laws, such as to comply with a subpoena or similar legal process or (c) a part of a merger, acquisition or sale of assets of the developer. All other transfers or sales of user data are completely prohibited.
- Prohibited Advertising: Developers are never allowed to use or transfer restricted scope data to serve users advertisements. This includes personalized, re-targeted and interest-based advertising.
- Prohibited Human Interaction: Developers cannot allow humans to read restricted scope user data. For example, a developer with access to a user's data is not allowed to have one of its employees query through a user’s calendar event. There are four limited exceptions to this rule: (a) the developer obtains a user's consent to read specific messages (for example, for tech support), (b) it's necessary for security purposes (for example, investigating abuse), (c) to comply with applicable laws, and (d) the developer aggregates and anonymizes the data and only uses it for internal operations (for example, reporting aggregate statistics in an internal dashboard).
Google Calendar integration
The user may wish to use the google calendar integration feature in our application. If so, the user may sign in via google’s oauth2 via our platform, where the tokens from google will be stored in our database.
We use this google tokens for the following mechanisms:
- Allow all member’s on Amigoals platform to view the user’s busy times based on the start and end times of the events in the user’s calendar, via Amigoals platform. Members would not be able to view any other details of the events (such as the title and details of the event). This would allow members to book the user’s time if the user is not busy
- Allow Amigoals service to automatically create a calendar event of a mentorship session on the user’s calendar once you have accepted a member’s request
- Allow Amigoals service to automatically delete a calendar event of a of mentorship session if the user or the mentee deletes a mentorship session that has been confirmed
We use this information to:
- Deconflict your busy times against Amigoals' native calendar to allow members to book your available times
- Create or delete bookings of mentorship sessions on your calendar once you have accepted or cancelled a member's request
- Send booking confirmation emails, booking cancellation emails, booking update emails or booking reminder emails of mentorship sessions involving you, to both mentor and member.
We would not store any google calendar events in our system/ database or cache.
How we use collected information
We may collect and use users’ personal information for the following purposes:
1. To improve customer service
Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
2. To personalise user experience
We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site.
3. To improve our site
We may use feedback you provide to improve our products and services.
4. To register for events and mentorship
We may use the information Users provide about themselves when registering for events and mentorship. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service and to abide to any audit requirements by authorities.
5. To send periodic emails
We may use the email address to send Users information and updates pertaining to their events or mentorship registration. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, questions, and/or other requests. If User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site.
Sensitive and private data exchange between the Site and its Users happens over a SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures.
Sharing your personal information
We do not sell, trade, or rent Users personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above.
We may also partner with selected third-party vendors, such as Google and Facebook, to allow tracking technologies on the Site through the use of first- and third-party cookies. These allow us to analyze and track the use of the Site and better understand online activity; collected information, which includes but is not limited to age, gender, and interests, will not be linked to any identifiable information.
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.